Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Using Bluetooth Scanners to Read ISBN Numbers

My two bluetooth scanners - the first is a soccet scanner. The second is a microvision scanner (marketed under the name NCR.)


I have used two types of scanners over the last 4 years. First, I used a Microvision click scanner. This was nice and usable. It had a very long batter life. The connection to my PDA was easy and straightforward. You did have to physically "push" it in order to get the laser to move and read your bar code.

I then moved to a Socket brand scanner. This was twice the price, but a very nice scanner. A soft touch to the button got it to read the bar codes. This scanner kept the laser "moving" on its own so the battery has to be recharged every day. If you are going to scan dozens of books I strongly recommend you get a socket type scanner.

When using this type of hand held scanner you either have to rely on the sound or have your PDA in a place where you can see it.  When I rely on the sound I like to put the PDA in my pocket and have ear plugs to listen to the sound in private.

Bar code scanners are helpful in helping you to locate valuable books, however, they are only part of how you obtain many great books.

If you want to learn how to find dozens of great books before others are able to scan them then check out the Benefit Bookstore Method!

2 comments:

  1. Good reliable gadglet for your business is need to be consider to make your business in a good flow.

    --
    Build Online Store

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to get me one of those. Should be a perfect tool for setting up online stores for physical books, especially the rare ones. It's only going to be a matter now of telling the internet exactly why they are valuable and why people should have them. It's not going to be easy, but these scanners will be a great help to the process.

    ReachForFreedom.com.au

    ReplyDelete